Daniel Benchoff is a plaintiff’s personal injury attorney. His practice areas are wrongful death, serious and catastrophic injury cases, motor vehicle accidents, commercial trucking and other commercial vehicle accidents, civil rights, workplace injury litigation, product liability, premises liability, medical malpractice, and admiralty/maritime law. He was the primary author of the 2002 edition of the State Bar of Arizona publication entitled the “Arizona Motor Vehicle Accident Deskbook,” and a contributing author to the 2016 edition of the same publication.
Daniel has over 16 years of experience practicing as an attorney, including approximately 12 years handling plaintiff’s personal injury cases. He also has worked as an insurance defense attorney and in-house counsel for a large corporation. This background gives him valuable insights into how business entities, insurance companies and defense attorneys defend cases.
Daniel firmly believes in the rights of injured individuals to compensation. He is committed to seeking to hold legally responsible individuals, businesses, large corporations and insurance companies accountable for these injuries. The challenges of personal injury litigation do not intimidate him. Rather, Daniel views it as an opportunity to achieve vindication for those whom, without the benefit of legal counsel, might be undercompensated or not compensated at all. His creed is making every effort to get to know his clients personally. Unless this is done, it is not possible to adequately and persuasively express to a judge, jury, or insurance company precisely how the client has been harmed. All of this serves the purpose of maximizing every client’s recovery.
In 2004, then Arizona Governor Janet Napolitano appointed Daniel to the Governor’s Council on Small Business, and he served as Vice-Chair of the Affordable Healthcare Subcommittee. He also worked as an officer for the Coconino County Bar Association.
An Arizona native, Daniel likes to spend his free time with his young son, traveling, running, hiking, strength training, doing yoga, and reading.
- St. John’s College, Santa Fe, N.M. (B.A., 1995)
- University of Arizona James E. Rogers College of Law (J.D., 2002)
- Aspey, Watkins & Diesel, PLLC, Flagstaff, Arizona (2002-2006)
- Northern Arizona Healthcare, Legal Department Director and Acting General Counsel, Flagstaff, Arizona (2006-2009)
- Rake Law Group, P.C., Phoenix, Arizona (2010-2018)
- State Bar of Arizona (2002)
- United States District Court, Districts of Arizona, Utah and Southern District of California
- United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- Pro Hac Vice admissions to the state courts of California and Florida
David V. TellesView Profile
J. Blake MayesView Profile
Candy MarrufoView Profile
Melanie LaboyView Profile
David LishView Profile
Jessica HernandezView Profile
Zach ThornleyView Profile
Mark MendozaView Profile
Angelyn GuanajuatoView Profile
Wade C. TannerView Profile
Gail BarskyView Profile
Faisal UllahView Profile