Faisal Ullah, a former deputy county attorney, assistant attorney general, and deputy public defender, is an accomplished trial lawyer, who has handled criminal cases across the State.
As a Deputy County Attorney, Faisal handled several appellate criminal matters and countless drug and forfeiture cases at the trial level, including gangs, weapons, simple possessions, and complex multi-defendant matters.
As an Assistant Attorney General, Faisal investigated and successfully prosecuted complex criminal cases statewide, including various health care fraud cases, white-collar matters, drug cases, and a variety of abuse cases victimizing the elderly or those with disabilities. He also provided training to state and federal law enforcement officers in the intricate areas of health care fraud and drug diversion involving medical professionals, such as doctors, nurses, pharmacists, and EMTs.
Faisal started his career as a public defender, representing indigent defendants in various matters, including misdemeanor, probation, mental health, and an array of felony cases ranging from low-level felonies to first-degree murders.
Faisal is a member of National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers (NACDL), Arizona Attorneys for Criminal Justice (AACJ), and American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA). He formerly volunteered with Lutheran Social Services, mentoring and providing immigration assistance to refugees and various immigrant groups.
- Urdu / Hindi
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science - Arizona State University
- Bachelor of Science in Justice Studies - Arizona State University
- Juris Doctor - Arizona State University College of Law
- Advanced Certificate in Immigration Law Studies - The City University of New York
- Cochise County Public Defender’s Office: March of 2008 – December 2009
- Cochise County Attorney’s Office: December of 2009 – March of 2012
- Arizona Attorney General’s Office – Criminal Division: March of 2012 – July of 2016