Phoenix Accidental Shooting Attorney
Were You Involved in an Accidental Shooting?
Guns of all makes are weapons designed to injure and kill. In the right hands, they serve as useful tools for hunting and, in the worst case scenario, an added level of protection during a home invasion or similar situation. Unfortunately, not everyone who picks up a firearm understands how to properly handle the weapon, which can lead to tragic and accidental injuries to others in the area. In some cases, the gun itself could malfunction and cause an unintentional shot to go off. If you were seriously injured in an accidental shooting, you may be able to file a lawsuit to secure compensation to cover your medical bills and any other damages you may have incurred.
Fill out our online form for a free initial consultation.
When someone else’s negligent or wrongful actions result in a serious injury, the victim should never be responsible for covering the costs that result from the incident. At MayesTelles PLLC, our Phoenix personal injury attorneys are committed to providing injured victims with the passionate and knowledgeable legal representation they need to secure the compensation they deserve. Contact us today to discuss your case with a member of our firm, and we can help you prepare and plan for the next steps you need to take.
Who Can Be Held Liable In An Accidental Shooting?
There are a number of factors our attorneys will consider when determining how to best file the lawsuit, including:
- Poor Training: If the person who fired the weapon received inadequate training and was cleared to use the weapon by their instructor, or was cleared to use a different type of weapon than the one they are proficient with (i.e. a handgun versus a shotgun, assault rifle, etc.) then their instructor or training course’s director could be held liable for your injuries.
- Poor Gun Range Management: If the gun range itself is poorly maintained and / or uses faulty equipment, it could lead to a catastrophic accident. If this happens, the manager or owner of the range could be held liable for your injuries.
- Intoxication: Operating any dangerous machinery or item while under the influence of alcohol or drugs is a dangerous idea even in the best circumstances, and far too often leads to serious injury or even death. In these cases, the person or people who chose to use a firearm while intoxicated may be held liable for their actions.
- Accidental Discharge: A gun could accidentally discharge during transport, hitting a bump in the road while driving, during cleaning, etc. Whether this was caused by an impact, accidentally gripping the trigger, failing to engage the safety, etc. the gun’s owner will likely be liable for any injuries or accidental deaths caused by their weapon.
- Manufacturing Defect: If the weapon discharges due to a manufacturing defect, you may be able to file a claim against the company that made the gun in order to recover damages. In some cases, the vendor may have sold damaged equipment, in which case they could also be held liable.
Call us at (602) 428-7104 to speak with an experienced Phoenix personal injury lawyer today.
Hire The Legal Representation You Need Today
At MayesTelles PLLC, our Phoenix personal injury layers have dedicated their careers to providing our clients with the legal assistance they need to secure the compensation they deserve. If you were seriously injured in an accidental shooting, contact us today to discuss your case with a member of our firm by calling us at (602) 428-7104 or by filling out our online form to start out with a free initial consultation.