With more than 12 years of legal experience, Melanie Laboy is one of the most respected criminal defense attorneys in the greater Phoenix area. Throughout her career, Melanie has handled countless cases – from misdemeanors in city municipal courts to felony trials handled in Arizona Superior Court. Melanie has also handled a good share of juvenile matters.
In addition to her practice at MayesTelles PLLC, Melanie is also the current Judge Pro Tem with the Maricopa County Superior Court – divisions in Tolleson and Goodyear. Prior to joining our firm, Melanie served with the Maricopa County Attorney's Office and acted as a felony trial prosecutor. In her capacity as a prosecutor, Melanie gained experience with cases involving theft, fraud, probation violations, and weapons offenses, among many others.
- Marquette University Law School in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
- Judge Pro Tem - Maricopa County Superior Court, Tolleson & Goodyear
- Citation Court Hearing Officer, Juvenile Citation Court, Durango Division
- City of Phoenix Commissioner for the City's Development Advisory Board
- Felony Trial Prosecutor
- Deputy County Attorney – Maricopa County Attorney's Office