Phoenix Disorderly Conduct Lawyer
Disorderly Conduct in the Arizona Revised Statutes
The purpose of many laws is to maintain peace and order in cities, counties and states. In the Arizona Revised Statutes (A.R.S.), section 13-2904 specifically outlaws "disorderly conduct," also known as "disturbing the peace."
In the state of Arizona, the following activities are considered “disorderly conduct” and are unlawful:
- Creating excessive and/or unreasonable noise
- Fighting and/or engaging in violent actions or behavior
- Intentionally disrupting/disturbing the peace of an individual, group of people, or area
- Using obscene, offensive, and/or abusive gestures or language in order to provoke a physical altercation with another individual
- Failing to comply with lawful orders to disperse, typically involving a matter of public safety such as a fire or similar emergency
- Recklessly displaying, handling, and/or discharging a weapon or similar dangerous object
- Intentionally disrupting a commercial or business transaction, meeting, procession, etc.
Should a person violate any of these areas of the law, they could be charged with a class 1 misdemeanor or a class 6 felony if the offense involved a deadly weapon or dangerous object.
MayesTelles PLLC - Defense Against False Charges of Disorderly Conduct
At MayesTelles PLLC, a Phoenix disorderly conduct lawyer could defend you in court with experienced and determined representation. Wrongful convictions of disorderly conduct are possible without having adequate defense from a skilled lawyer. Penalties for such convictions range from six months to two years in prison, depending on whether it was a misdemeanor or a felony and whether or not the crime was considered to be aggravated.
If you have been arrested for disorderly conduct, defend your rights and your freedom by contacting a member of the legal team at MayesTelles PLLC.
Consult with an Experienced Attorney
Each defense lawyer at MayesTelles PLLC has years of training and experience in the area of criminal defense. We could aggressively and relentlessly defend your case and fight to ensure that your do not have to pay any undeserved penalties. Our office is conveniently located in Downtown Phoenix, so call (602) 428-7104 to set up a free initial consultation with us.
You also have the option of filling out our online case evaluation. Worried about affordability? Don't be! Our firm accepts credit cards and offers flexible payment plans and special discounts. You have nothing to lose, so contact us today!
Client Charged with Disorderly Conduct
Our client, K.F., was charged with Disorderly Conduct, a class 1 misdemeanor. We were able to get this client's case dismissed. Location: Tempe Municipal Court
Disorderly Conduct Charges
MayesTelles was able to achieve a complete case dismissal for a client charged with Disorderly Conduct.
Disorderly Conduct and Domestic Violence Charges Dismissed
Our client T.O. was accused and charged with disorderly conduct and domestic violence, a class 1 misdemeanor. After a trial, our client was found not guilty of the charges against him and the case was dismissed.