Were You Seriously Injured By A Distracted Driver?
Distracted driving is a serious issue facing millions of drivers every single day. Safety experts have broken down this practice into three major types:
- Visual – Instances where the driver takes their eyes off the road.
- Cognitive – Instances where the driver is thinking about things other than driving.
- Manual – Instances where the driver takes their hands off the wheel.
The most dangerous type of distracted driving occurs when all three types of distracted driving occur, like when the driver chooses to text while behind the wheel.
Call us at (602) 428-7104 to discuss your situation with a member of our firm.
Car accidents can be the most stressful and confusing experience of a victim’s life, especially when serious injuries are involved. Our Phoenix car accident attorneys at MayesTelles PLLC have dedicated their careers to working with injured victims to ensure that they secure the compensation they deserve in their time of need. If you were seriously injured by a distracted driver, contact us today to discuss your legal options and begin planning your next step.
Distracted Driving Statistics
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), distracted drivers are among the most dangerous hazards on the road, and make up nearly 10 percent of all motor vehicle-related deaths, and nearly 10 percent of all motor vehicle-related injuries.
- Distracted drivers accounted for 3,477 deaths in 2015
- Distracted drivers accounted for 391,000 injuries in 2015
- Nine percent of all teenage drivers were reportedly distracted at the time of the crash, the age group with the largest proportion of drivers who were distracted in fatal crashes in 2015
- 551 pedestrians, cyclists, etc. were killed in crashes caused by a distracted driver in 2015
- 27 percent of fatal distracted driving crashes were caused by people between the ages of 20 and 29
Hire An Experienced Legal Team You Can Rely On
Dealing with a serious injury can be an incredibly stressful and draining experience, which is why it’s so important to have the right team on your side if you choose to pursue your legal options. At MayesTelles PLLC, our Phoenix car accident lawyers are committed to providing each client we take on with the knowledgeable and experienced legal representation they require to secure the outcome they deserve. Give us a call at (602) 428-7104 to speak with one of our lawyers today.
Fill out our online form to request a free case evaluation from an experienced attorney today.