Phoenix Aggravated DUI Lawyer
Arrested for felony drunk driving?
Aggravated DUI is the only felony drunk driving charge in Arizona. According to § 28-1383 of the Arizona Revised Statutes, there are four acts that can warrant an aggravated driving under the influence charge, including:
- Committing a drunk driving offense while your license is suspended or revoked (class 4 felony)
- Committing your third or subsequent DUI within 84 months (7 years) (class 4 felony)
- Committing a drunk driving offense while a person aged 15 or younger is inside the vehicle (class 6 felony)
- Committing a DUI while you are under ignition interlock device (IID) restriction (class 4 felony)
Penalties for Aggravated / Felony DUI
In Arizona, the court has the right to impose the following sentences on individuals convicted of DUI:
- Mandatory prison time
- Reporting the conviction to the DMV to revoke driving privileges for at least 1 year
- Ignition interlock device installation for 24 months
- An assessment fee of $250.00 and the potential of an additional $1,500.00 fee
- A minimum fine of $750.00
Defense Options for Those Facing Aggravated DUIs
If you are facing an aggravated/felony DUI offense in Phoenix or a surrounding area, a Phoenix DUI lawyer at MayesTelles PLLC may be able to build a defense for you on the following factors:
- Constitutionality of the police stop
- Police procedure before and after the arrest
- Validity of the breath or blood chemical tests
- Failure to properly administer Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFSTs)
- Unlawful DUI / sobriety checkpoint
Our DUI attorneys fight to get clients' drunk driving charges dismissed or reduced, so call us today to learn how we may be able to help you.
Contacting an Aggravated DUI Lawyer at MayesTelles PLLC
At MayesTelles PLLC, we are well aware of how serious aggravated DUIs can be and how detrimental they can be to your life. We believe that everybody is innocent until proven guilty and that you deserve due process of the law. Aggravated DUIs increase the severity of the situation and it becomes even more important to make sure you have skilled Phoenix DUI lawyers representing you.
You have rights when it comes to aggravated DUI charges and there may be various defenses available to you. If you or your loved one was charged with or arrested for an aggravated DUI, we encourage you to call our firm as soon as possible. Our ultimate goal is to have your charges reduced significantly or dropped completely. You can trust that we stand by your side from start to finish.
We have nearly 100 years of experience on our side, the insight of former prosecutors, and an attorney listed in the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers," so call us today to schedule a free case evaluation.