Phoenix Aggravated DUI Lawyer
Representing Clients Charged With An Aggravated DUI in Arizona
In Arizona, an individual can be charged with aggravated DUI (driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs) when certain factors are present. These include cases in which an individual allegedly drives under the influence. At the same time,his or her driver’s license is suspended/revoked, commits a third or subsequent DUI within seven years, has a child who is 15 years old or younger in the vehicle at the time of the alleged DUI, or commits a DUI offense when an ignition interlock device (IID) has been installed on the car.
Aggravated DUI is a felony in Arizona, and the penalties for a conviction are harsh. You could face prison time, your driver’s license loss, thousands of dollars in fines and fees, and mandatory IID installation on your vehicle. If you have been arrested for aggravated DUI in Phoenix or the surrounding areas, contact MayesTelles PLLC right away.
Have you been charged with an aggravated DUI in Arizona? Call MayesTelles PLLC (602) 428-7104 or contact us online to schedule a meeting with our Phoenix aggravated DUI attorney!
What are the Penalties for an Aggravated DUI in Arizona?
As previously mentioned, the penalties associated with an aggravated DUI conviction in Arizona are harsh. They include:
- Driver’s license suspension of three years
- Four months in prison (mandatory)
- Mandatory enrollment and attendance in Substance Abuse Screening and 36 Classes
- Ignition interlock device (IID) installed on your vehicle for two years
- Up to 3.75 years in prison
- Thousands of dollars in associated fines, court costs, and fees
In addition, you will face higher auto insurance premiums, which will cost you immensely in the long term. Because you face a mandatory minimum of four months in prison, you could also lose your job or student status. If you operate a commercial vehicle as part of your employment, you will be unable to do so for several years following an aggravated DUI conviction.
The damage to your reputation, finances, and freedom is immense. Don’t attempt to fight aggravated DUI charges on your own—reach out to the Phoenix aggravated DUI defense lawyers at MayesTelles PLLC right away.
Contact Our Aggravated DUI Attorney Today
There is hope if you have been arrested for or charged with aggravated DUI. At MayesTelles PLLC, we can help you understand your options for a possible defense to your charges.
Depending on your exact circumstances, possible defenses may include:
- Questioning whether law enforcement violated your constitutional rights at any point during the initial traffic stop
- Examining police procedure before, during, and after the arrest to determine if mistakes were made
- Challenging the validity of the breath, blood, or other chemical tests used to determine your blood alcohol concentration (BAC)
- Determining whether field sobriety tests were used and, if so, if they were administered correctly and according to accepted standards
- Identifying any unlawful or improper procedures involved in the arrest, such as an illegal sobriety checkpoint or detainment
We have a proven track record of success in DUI cases, and our attorneys are prepared to assist you at every stage of the legal process. We work quickly and efficiently to help our clients protect their driving privileges, preserve their freedom, and defend their rights.
Contact MayesTelles PLLC today to schedule a FREE consultation with our aggravated DUI lawyer in Phoenix!