Phoenix Aggravated DUI Lawyer
Arrested for Felony Drunk Driving?
In Arizona, an individual can be charged with aggravated DUI (driving under the influence of alcohol/drugs) when certain factors are present. These include cases in which an individual allegedly drives under the influence while his or her driver’s license is suspended/revoked, commits a third or subsequent DUI within a seven-year period, has a child who is 15 years old or younger in the vehicle at the time of the alleged DUI, or commits a DUI offense when an ignition interlock device (IID) has been installed on the vehicle.
Aggravated DUI is a felony in the state of Arizona, and the penalties for a conviction are harsh. You could be facing possible prison time, loss of your driver’s license, thousands of dollars in fines and fees, and mandatory IID installation on your vehicle. If you have been arrested for aggravated DUI in Phoenix or the surrounding areas, contact MayesTelles PLLC right away.
Call (602) 428-7104 or submit an online request form to get started with a confidential consultation.
Penalties for Aggravated DUI in Arizona
As previously mentioned, the penalties associated with an aggravated DUI conviction in the state of Arizona are harsh. They include:
- Four months in prison (mandatory)
- Up to 3.75 years in prison
- Mandatory enrollment and attendance in Substance Abuse Screening and 36 Classes
- Driver’s license suspension of three years
- Ignition interlock device (IID) installed on your vehicle for two years
- Thousands of dollars in associated fines, court costs, and fees
In addition, you will face higher auto insurance premiums, which will end up costing you immensely in the long-term. Because you face a mandatory minimum of four months in prison, you could also lose your job or student status. If you operate a commercial vehicle as part of your employment, you will be unable to do so for a number of years following an aggravated DUI conviction.
The damage to your reputation, finances, and freedom is immense. Don’t attempt to fight aggravated DUI charges on your own—reach out to the Phoenix aggravated DUI defense lawyers at MayesTelles PLLC right away.
Possible Defense to Aggravated DUI
If you have been arrested for or charged with aggravated DUI, there is still hope. At MayesTelles PLLC, we can help you understand your various options for possible defense to your charges.
Depending on your exact circumstances, possible defenses may include:
- Questioning whether law enforcement violated your constitutional rights at any point during the initial traffic stop
- Examining police procedure before, during, and after the arrest in order to determine if mistakes were made
- Challenging the validity of the breath, blood, or other chemical tests used to determine your blood alcohol concentrate (BAC)
- Determining whether field sobriety tests were used and, if so, if they were administered correctly and according to accepted standards
- Identifying any unlawful or improper procedures involved in the arrest, such as an illegal sobriety check point or detainment
We have a proven track record of success in DUI cases, and our attorneys are prepared to assist you at every stage of the legal process. We work quickly and efficiently in our efforts to help our clients protect their driving privileges, preserve their freedom, and defend their rights.
Call (602) 428-7104 to request a consultation with a Phoenix aggravated DUI attorney at our firm.