Phoenix Aggravated DUI Lawyer
Arrested for felony drunk driving?
Aggravated DUI is the only felony drunk driving charge in Arizona. According to § 28-1383 of the Arizona Revised Statutes, there are four acts that can warrant an aggravated driving under the influence charge, including –
- Committing a drunk driving offense while your license is suspended or revoked
- Committing your third or subsequent DUI within 84 months (7 years)
- Committing a drunk driving offense while a person aged 15 or younger is inside the vehicle
- Committing a DUI while you are under ignition interlock device (IID) restriction
Not all of these offenses carry the same weight. According to statute, numbers one, two, and four are class 4 felonies while number 3 (DUI with minor passenger) is a class 6 felony.
Penalties for Aggravated / Felony DUI
In Arizona, the court has the right to impose the following sentences on individuals convicted of DUI –
- Mandatory prison time
- Reporting the conviction to the DMV to revoke driving privileges for at least 1 year
- Ignition interlock device installation for 24 months
- An assessment fee of $250.00 and the potential of an additional $1,500.00 fee
- A minimum fine of $750.00
Defense Options for Those Facing Aggravated DUIs
If you are facing an aggravated/felony DUI offense in Phoenix or a surrounding area, a Phoenix DUI lawyer at MayesTelles PLLC may be able to build a defense for you on the following factors –
- Constitutionality of the police stop
- Police procedure before and after the arrest
- Validity of the breath or blood chemical tests
- Failure to properly administer Standardized Field Sobriety Tests (SFSTs)
- Unlawful DUI / sobriety checkpoint
With aggravated DUIs just as with any other criminal offense, you are innocent until proven guilty.
Our DUI attorneys fight to get clients' drunk driving charges dismissed or reduced, so call us today to learn how we may be able to help you.
Contacting an Aggravated DUI Lawyer at MayesTelles PLLC
If you or someone you love is facing an aggravated DUI charge and the possibility of felony penalties such as prison time, heavy fines, and IID installation, contact a Phoenix aggravated DUI attorney at MayesTelles PLLC. We have nearly 100 years of experience on our side, the insight of former prosecutors, and an attorney listed in the "Top 100 Trial Lawyers," so call us today to schedule a free case evaluation.
You can also request a free consultation by filling out our online form.