Attorney Jessica Hernandez is a criminal defense attorney at MayesTelles PLLC with over thirteen years of legal experience. Jessica is an Arizona native, originally from Superior, Arizona. She graduated with honors from the Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University.
Jessica’s legal experience includes two prestigious federal judicial clerkships with judges on both the U.S. District Court and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals. In addition to her experience as a criminal defense attorney and civil litigator, she also worked as a prosecutor with the Yavapai County Attorney’s Office. Throughout her career Jessica has handled felony and misdemeanor cases of all types. She has a passion for defending the rights of individuals and communities whose voices too often go unheard, in particular the LGBT and Latino communities.
ADMITTED TO PRACTICE
- All Courts – State of Arizona
- U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Arizona State University – B.A. in Spanish and Latin American Studies
- Sandra Day O’Connor College of Law at Arizona State University (magna cum laude) – Juris Doctorate
- Editor – Arizona State Law Journal
- Judicial Law Clerk – The Honorable Frederick J. Martone, U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona
- Judicial Law Clerk – The Honorable William C. Canby, Jr., U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- Deputy County Attorney – Yavapai County Attorney’s Office
- Attorney – Lewis & Roca, LLP; Law Office of Michael Cordova, P.C.; The Hernandez Law Office; Davis, Miles, McGuire, Gardner, PLLC
- Volunteer Attorney – ACLU of Arizona
- President – Arizona LGBT Bar Association