POSSESSION FOR SALE ATTORNEYS IN PHOENIX
CONSEQUENCES OF POSSESSION FOR SALE
When a person is charged with the crime of drug possession, they can be guilty of one or more of the following: basic possession, possession with intent to distribute, and possession for sale. Basic possession is already a felony, but possession for sale only increases the severity of the punishment involved. Penalties are different for this drug crime depending on the type of illegal substance involved:
- Less than 2 pounds - Class 4 felony, 1.5 to 3 years in prison
- More than 2 but less than 4 pounds - Class 3 felony, 2.5 to 7 years in prison
- More than 4 pounds - Class 2 felony, 4 to 10 years in prison
- A fine of $750 or three times the value of the marijuana, whichever is greater
Dangerous Drugs (§13-3407) and Narcotic Drugs (§13-3408):
- Class 2 felony, 4 to 10 years in prison
- Up to a $1,000 fine (or three times the value of the drugs) for dangerous drugs
- Up to a $2,000 fine (or three times the value of the drugs) for narcotics
Prescription Drugs (§13-3406)
- Class 6 felony, 6 months to 1.5 years in prison, and a $1,000 fine or three times the value of the drugs, whichever is greater
FIGHT YOUR POSSESSION CHARGES WITH A PHOENIX DRUG ATTORNEY
When facing charges of possession for sale, it is important to remember that the prosecution must prove that the drug was your and that you intended to sell it. Otherwise, you cannot be convicted of possession for sale. Need an attorney for drug sales in Phoenix? Call MayesTelles PLLC today if you have been arrested for a drug crime and are in need of aggressive defense. A Phoenix drug crime lawyer from our firm may be exactly what you need in order to protect yourself from a wrongful conviction.
NEED A LAWYER FOR DRUG SALES IN PHOENIX?
At MayesTelles PLLC, our attorneys have valuable experience in numerous areas of drug crime law. Facing drug charges in Phoenix? As a skilled trial attorney and a former county prosecutor, our two lead attorneys could provide relentless defense as well as insight into the prosecution's next move. If you are looking for a lawyer who will stop at nothing to have your charges reduced or dropped while providing the support and guidance you need, call our firm today.
We offer free initial consultations and flexible payment plans, so consult with a Phoenix possession for sale attorney from MayesTelles PLLC to learn how we could help.